Thursday, August 29, 2013

Leslie Saeta's 30 Day Painting Challenge

Oh my gosh! Summer is almost over.The fall is almost here, and in a few days, the kids will be going back to school and the last time that I wrote on this blog was almost a year ago to today's date! Crazy! I've been so busy taking care of my three girls and spending time with family that I've neglected my art business. But I'm back, and thanks to Leslie Saeta's 30 day painting challenge, I plan to post, hopefully, everyday for the next thirty days on this blog. I'm hoping Leslie's challenge will help me to get back into the swing of things, back in the studio painting, back to blogging, and back to marketing my art career on social media sites like twitter, and facebook.

So, who is Leslie Saeta, and what exactly is her 30 day painting challenge? Well, not only is Leslie Saeta a great palette knife painter, but she also hosts a podcast that I listen to frequently by the name of "Artists Helping Artists." You can find her podcast on iTunes for free They are really fantastic because these podcasts that Leslie hosts provide free and valuable information for artists on how to sell their art and market it .

I was introduced to the podcast, Artists Helping Artists, by my dad almost two years ago, and after listening to only a few podcasts, I was inspired to start my own art business, and that is how SamDoum Art was born.

Now about that thirty day challenge: Leslie is encouraging artists everywhere to join her in her challenge of painting thirty paintings in 30 days in the month of September. And so, when I at first heard the particular podcast episode where she introduced the challenge, I thought to myself, I have to do it! I could not think of a better way to get back into the swing of things, and to start taking my art career more seriously. Blogging is part of the "Big Three" if you will, as every artist needs a website, a newsletter, and a blog, if they want to sell art: And I learned this from Leslie Saeta.

And so, in the month of September, I will be unveiling a new painting on this blog everyday, for thirty days. So be sure to check back regularly. My theme for the month of September is "Kaleidoscopes in Ink." What are Kaleidoscopes in ink? Well, you'll have to check back at my blog, here on the Blog of SamDoum Art, to see them.

Until Later, Blogspot friends!



A splash of color in your inbox: Sign Up for our Newsletter and Blog updates!
* indicates required

() - (###) ###-####

/ ( mm / dd )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey. Thanks for commenting! We really appreciate it!

Sincerely,
The folks at SamDoumArt.com