Monday, April 28, 2014

Onward with Still Lifes!

Original Painting: "Wine Glass, Grapes, and Flowers": 8"x10"
Pastel on Illustration Board $75 USD



As discussed in my last blog posts, I have a few children's book projects that I've been working on. But I wanted to take a break from discussing those projects, today, and instead wanted to discuss something new.

A few weeks ago, I realized that I hadn't done a still life painting in over ten years! Wow!

So I decided to take on new (well renewed anyway) terrain by getting back into the swing of things when it comes to still lifes.

So for the next month or more, I will be setting up my studio, arranging various objects in the best light, and painting from them. I will also use some images from a site called "Paint my photo" which allows artists to paint from photographers photos without any copyright worries. And then, I should, hopefully, have a new collection of still lifes to add to the SamDoumArt.com store!

So stay tuned to see what else I create! The painting above is the 1st in my still life series. This painting was painted in pastels, of course-- my most favorite medium to work with. I love how the dark background makes the objects (wine glass, grapes, and flowers) "pop" into the foreground. How do you like it?

I hope you enjoy!

Til later fellow art lovers!
-SamDoum

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey. Thanks for commenting! We really appreciate it!

Sincerely,
The folks at SamDoumArt.com