Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Preparing for the Summer as Well as Next Year

Preparing for the Summer as Well as Next Year

Thursday my two girls (twins) graduated from Pre-K. I'm so proud of them! They will be attending big girl school and entering kindergarten in September.

Their younger sister will also be attending school in the Fall.
She's not old enough for Pre-K or kindergarten, but we will enroll her in a daycare facility for half of the day, during the time which her sisters will be in school, so that she does not feel left out. She's only three, and she will not be four before September, for she has a November birthday, so she will not start in the pre-k program this upcoming Fall, but the director of the school (she will be attending) informed my husband and I that they will most likely move her up to the four year old program if they find her to be advanced for her age, which I'm sure they will, since she is so awesomely smart!

Her sisters are pretty smart too. They are already reading and writing some words now, and they can also add all numbers with the sum of ten through use of their fingers, but Faith, (one of my twins) has maybe half of the sums up to ten, memorized, so she doesn't always have to use her fingers.

Every night, before the girls go to sleep at 8:00 p.m., we have an activity time that lasts from 7:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.  Sometimes we read to the girls during this time, sometimes we practice writing, sometimes we practice reading, and sometimes we practice simple math. On several occasion we've had the girls add numbers up to the sum of twenty with pennies, as well. And both Miriam and Faith (the twins) are getting really good at it. With Sephie, we usually just practice counting the pennies.

Hopefully, once Kindergarten sees how smart Miriam and Faith are, they may move them up a grade, because I think that they are ready intellectually, but we will have to see if they are ready emotionally for it. I don't know, but I think that even when some kids are gifted intellectually in such a manner that they may be moved up a grade, sometimes the school district will not let them move up because they may not be emotionally prepared: Because not only do they have to be fully developed intellectually for first grade (should they be moved up), but they would also have to be fully developed emotionally. I will talk with the school later on what their policy is for skipping grades, especially when it comes to skipping kindergarten, if such a thing is even allowed.

I'm really excited for the summer, though, and I am happy to have the girls home from school for the summer. I've already written up a schedule for the girls filled with lots of activities and fun, creative, and intellectually stimulating things that we can do to keep the girls busy. And just a few days ago, the new pink drawing easels that I ordered for the girls came, and they absolutely love them! Already they have begun to draw pictures on them and they are even practicing their reading and writing skills on them.We set up a playroom in one of the rooms upstairs for them, and that is where we placed their easels. I took some really nice photos of the girls at work on their easels yesterday and I'd like to share a few pic's. Please find below:

Girls Drawing on Their Easels (1)
Girls Drawing on Their Easels (2)


Girls Drawing on Their Easels (3)


Aren't they cute! Little artists at work!

Anyway, all of that said, I would like to discuss my 60 paintings in 60 days challenge that was discussed in during my last blog posts (see HERE) and (HERE).

Will I still do the challenge?!  Well, someday, maybe, but not right now, because right now I am focusing all of my artistic energies toward preparing for the Cornhill Arts Festival, in Rochester, New York I was already accepted this year (2012), some may know, but withdrew my application on account of being unprepared. But I guarantee, if all goes well I will be prepared for 2013, should they accept my application again.

So wish me luck! It's quite difficult getting into the Cornhill Arts Festival, as artists come from all over the world to be apart of the event, but, hopefully, if they think that I have enough talent for this year, they'll think the same thing next year. So that means I'll try to keep with the same style and I'll try not to change too much in the way that I do things with my artwork. I'll keep with the same style and the same type of compositions, as well as subject matters, and hopefully I'll get accepted again. That's my strategy.

In other news, I just finished my third art piece in my new studio. I will unveil that drawing in my next post. So stay tuned.

Oh, and last but not least, congratulations to the two lucky winners, "Lakisha Lawhorn" and "Curtis Cardoza," of my monthly giveaway. Curtis and Lakisha have each won a 20"x30" portrait, inspired from a photograph of their choice (limit two heads per a photo). And they both have won these art pieces just for signing up for my Free Newsletter titled, "SamDoum Art's Fine Art Newsletter."

If you wish to be considered for next months drawing all you have to do is subscribe to my FREE newsletter HERE, then be sure to check your email, as there will be a message from SamDoumArt.com that will include a link that you will need to click on, in order to finalize the sign up process.

A new winner will be announced in the month of July on the 25th, 2012. If you've already subscribed during an earlier month, don't worry, you will still be entered automatically in the drawing for the month of July, as well.

Alrighty! That's all for now folks! Talk to you soon and God bless!

'Til later Blog Spot friends!,
SamDoum

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey. Thanks for commenting! We really appreciate it!

Sincerely,
The folks at SamDoumArt.com