Wednesday, January 11, 2012

60 paintings in 60 days? . . . Maybe . . . Guess We'll See.

60 paintings in 60 days? . . . Maybe . . . Guess We'll See. 

I read a really great article the other day in which an artist dedicated 100 days to do 100 6”x6” paintings (that is, one painting each day) which sold for $100.00 each. It was a really cool article and I felt so inspired. I would really love doing something like that—but a ‘lil different–something like 60 6”x6” inch paintings in 60 days for $60.00

But I am the proud mother of three beautiful little girls and unfortunately quiet time—free and uninterrupted—is hard to come by.

Now , the girls go to bed sometime around 8:00 p.m. every night. So, I suppose that I could put them to bed then and quickly rush to start painting every night. I tend to go to bed around 12:00 a.m., so that would give me exactly four hours to complete each painting.


But what if something comes up? Some nights our youngest one, Sephora, just won’t go to bed. I think that she is obsessed with her father. Sometimes she won’t go to bed unless her dad lies beside her in her room. She wraps her arms around his neck and squeezes him so tight, and then at last when he thinks she’s fallen asleep, he tries to pull away and sneak out of the room, but she quickly wakes up and starts to cry and the routine begins again.

Sometimes, I even lay with her, but she prefers her father.

When we don’t try putting her to bed by lying beside her, she is just up with us, because sometimes we both have things that we have to do: like the laundry, cleaning up after supper, or work related things. We know this isn’t good, but sometimes we can’t get her to go to sleep. If I had to lay in the room with Sephora it could take nearly an hour sometimes to get her to fall asleep. By the time I’m done putting her to sleep, sometimes I become tired myself and don’t feel like doing much else after a long day. Sometimes, therefore, I fall asleep early too, and the laundry doesn’t get folded, or the dishes don’t get done, and if those things don’t get done some nights then I know that there will not be enough time for painting!

Sometimes, as well, the girls don’t go to bed exactly at 8:00 p.m. Sometimes, they’ll stay up because they have begged to watch one more Barbie or Pingu movie. Sometimes, the girls don’t get to bed until 10:00 p.m. because after they are done with their movie, they still have to brush their teeth, get something to drink (usually water), and be tucked in. And when this happens there’s only 2 hours out of the night left over. And if there is laundry to be folded, that’s what will get done instead of painting. So, who has the time?

Hopefully, I will. I think that after I am done purchasing all my canvas’s and all of the necessary items that I will need to begin painting, I may begin my 60 6”x6” inch paintings in 60 days for $60.00 journey. But I’ll have to do a test painting in order to see how long it will take for me to create just one, because if takes me longer than 4 hours, there’s no way that what I have planned will work. Hopefully, I will be able to get the girls in bed at 8:00 p.m. sharp every night so that my painting time can begin. I’ll have to be stricter with the girls when it comes to bedtime.

In other news, have you noticed that SamDoum Art has just added a new Art Forum to its Blog? Yep. We sure did, so please leave a comment if you like. Our featured question of the month is: “Who is your favorite famous artist of all time and why?” We would really appreciate if you shared a comment and share your thoughts with “The SamDoum Art Lover’s Forum.” You can participate in this forum by clicking HERE, or you can just click “The SamDoumArt Lover’s Forum” link at the top right hand side of this page under the heading “SamDoum Art’s Most Popular Links.”

That said, please don’t forget to take some time out to browse our site over at SamDoumArt.com! We are currently offering 8”x10” prints for only $15.00 each with FREE SHIPPING for a limited amount of time. You can access SamDoumArt.com by clicking HERE.

‘Til later BlogSpot friends!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey. Thanks for commenting! We really appreciate it!

Sincerely,
The folks at SamDoumArt.com