Thursday, January 12, 2012

Umm . . . Maybe 8"x8" Instead

Umm . . . Maybe 8"x8" Instead

Just bought 5 canvases in order to get started with my 60 paintings in 60 days for $60.00 project. But I won't be doing 6"x6", as recently discussed in my last blog post. Instead, I will be doing 8"x8". I decided to go with 8"x8" because the 6" x 6" canvases just seemed so dinky and so small. And they were cute, but I think that my collectors, those who purchase my art work, would much rather prefer an 8"x8" original than a 6"x6" one. In my opinion, it just makes for better a better painting.


Now, I haven't painted in something like ten years, and at this point I have no idea what my skill level as a painter is--because I have not painted in a long while. Now, sure I can draw, and I can draw very well, but painting  . . . that is a different ball game. I'm a little worried that my painting skills might not be what they used to be. But if this is the case, hopefully, I will regain my abilities and level of skill with a lot of time and practice.

But who knows: I just might surprise myself. Maybe I'll be just as good as I always was or maybe even better. I guess we'll just have to see.

Why haven't I painted in ten years? . . . Well, more on that in my next blog posting.

Until then please enjoy some of my art work

'Til later BlogSpot friends!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Hey. Thanks for commenting! We really appreciate it!

    Sincerely,
    The folks at SamDoumArt.com