Thursday, October 3, 2013

The Painting Process: A Home in Pittford, NY

Hello everyone!

Leslie Saeta's 30 day painting challenge is over and after a much needed short break I'm back to painting and drawing. Yep, I'm back in the studio and I've been working on a series of drawings of some of my neighbors homes here in Pittsford, NY. Today's piece is a work in progress and it is a painting drawn in pastel. This is the photo that I am using for inspiration:

Photo of a home in Pittsford, NY
And here is a blocked out drawing/layout of the basic forms, lines, and shapes of my neighbor's home. Tomorrow, I will be blocking out the basic colors.

Sketch of my Neighbors Home (Unfinished)

I know that sometimes artists and non artists alike, like to see the creative process of an art piece. They wonder "how it is that you do what you do?": Well, I'll answer that question for you--that is, I will be taking you step by step in my creative process while I work on this particular piece. So stay tuned for my next blog post! Until then, 'til later fellow art lovers!
-SamDoum

P.S. Don't forget to sign up for my newsletter and blog updates!


Click HERE to visit the SamDoum Art Gallery and Store.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey. Thanks for commenting! We really appreciate it!

Sincerely,
The folks at SamDoumArt.com