Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Squirrel Climbing Tree

"Squirrel Climbing Tree" Pastel on Illustration Board, 8"x 10",
Original Painting FOR SALE: $75.00 + $10.95 S&H
Hello everyone!

Today's painting is of a cute, little squirrel climbing a tree, and this little painting was done in pastels, as opposed to all the oil paint I've been using lately.

My husband says that he loves my oil paintings more than my pastel work, but I kind of like them both. Pastels are my favorite medium to work in. I just love forming lines, shapes, and colors with them, blending and smudging. I love pastels because this media allows you to be hands on, if you will, with the painting. With painting there's usually a tool (your paint brush or palette knife) between you and the painting. But pastels allow you to kind of dive in and become one with you art work. Though it can be kind of messy and though it's kind of hard to get your nails clean after you've been using them, I still just loooove pastels, and I love the way they feel in my hands. Hard to explain but its a good feeling.

Sometimes I feel like I have more control over my pastels then I do with a paint brush, when it comes to how my painting comes out. I guess that's because with pastels, there's no tool between me and the painting I'm working on, as I've already mentioned.

Anyway, I do hope you enjoy this brown, little, furry, friendly squirrel of mine. She's definitely a cutie! What d'you think?

Take care fellow art lovers and God bless!
-SamDoum

1 comment:

Hey. Thanks for commenting! We really appreciate it!

Sincerely,
The folks at SamDoumArt.com