Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Day 2 of 30 in 30 : "Glass on Wooden Table with Red Cloth"

"Glass on Wooden Table with Red Cloth" Oil on Canvas, 8"x10", Original Painting , $50+$10.95 Shipping & Handling
Today marks the second day of Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings in 30 Days Painting Challenge! And I am  super pleased and excited to present to you my second oil painting for the challenge titled "Glass on Wooden Table with Red Cloth"!

"Glass on Wooden Table with Red Cloth" is the second oil painting still life in my "Metal and Glass" series. Over the next 29 days, the all of the subject matters for my paintings will consist of either metal or glass or both. To learn more about why I chose "Metal and Glass" as my theme for the challenge click here!

This one came out pretty well, I think. I believe that I was not only able to pick up some of the reflections of the red cloth on the glass bottles, very well, but I was also able to capture a lot of the texture of the glass, as not all glass is smooth. All and all I'd say I'm quite pleased. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do! Please tell me what you think! : Leave a comment in the comments section!

Well, that's all for now. Take care and God bless! 'Til later fellow art lovers!
-SamDoum

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous glass! You are on a roll - not even 5AM here :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lee! Yes, I got up early this morning! It's my girls first day at going back to school. Got up and was super excited for them, as it's a new school! They were really excited as well. Can't wait for them to get home so they can tell me about their day! :)

      Delete
  2. Love the reflection of the tablecloth in the glass. :) Really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katherine. Thanks so much! Yes, I'm really loving painting glass and metal so far. I hope that the following paintings that I paint will be as nice as this one. One of the things that I absolutely love about Leslie's challenge is that if you paint everyday, you'll get better and better at it day by day. I'm really learning a lot. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog, Katherine. Wishing you a wonderful 30 in 30! I will definitely be stopping by your blog tomorrow to see what you paint for Day 3!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now this one is totally impressive. Just look at the middle bottle and how you captured the see through area!! Not to mention, just look at that red tablecloth flowing off the table!! You nailed it. Awesome painting. Have fun with Day #3.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, thanks so much, Joan! I'm really having a lot of fun and learning too. I look forward to seeing what you post for Day #3 as well! I'm sure whatever it is you post it's gonna be terrific! Love your McKenna drawing!

      Delete
  5. I love your painting Sam! Your glass reflections are gorgeous!
    Looking forward to seeing your paintings for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much Debi! Looking forward to seeing your paintings for the challenge as well!

    ReplyDelete

Hey. Thanks for commenting! We really appreciate it!

Sincerely,
The folks at SamDoumArt.com