Monday, September 8, 2014

Day 8 of 30 in 30 : "Book, Vase, & Flowers"

"Book, Vase, & Flowers" Oil on Canvas, 8"x 8", Original Painting, $25+$10.95 Shipping & Handling
Today marks the eighth day of Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings in 30 Days Painting Challenge! And I am super pleased and excited to present to you my eighth oil painting for the challenge titled "Book, Vase, & Flowers" !

"Book, Vase, & Flowers" is the eighth oil painting still life in my "Metal and Glass" series. Over the next 22 days, all of the subject matters for my paintings will consist of either metal or glass or both. To learn more about why I chose "Metal and Glass" as my theme for the challenge click here!

So I've made it to week 2 of the Painting Challenge! It's been a lot of hard work, but it's also been a lot of fun! And I'm also brainstorming ideas about what my theme will be for my next 30 in 30! Any suggestions?

Well, that's all for now!'Til later fellow art lovers! Take care and God bless!

-SamDoum

 P.S. : Please Enjoy These Previous Paintings
from my "Metal & Glass Series :


4 comments:

  1. Okay, Samara. I know that I have been truly enjoying all of your paintings so far for this challenge...however, in all honestly...I really have to say that this one is my favorite. There is so much going on here with all the details and all the colors with their reflections, shadows, and such. Great job on this on, and I really like the addition of the books. Books just look wonderful in paintings - period! (Can you tell we are book lovers over here :o) Have fun with Day #9.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Joan! I'm really happy to hear that you like this painting! I was a little unsure about it when I posted it wondering if it needed more work, but your compliments on it make me feel much better about it. I think that I'll leave this one as is, now. Thank you so much! :)

      Delete
  2. Two of my favorite things... books and flowers. What better to paint! You have such a talent for all things shiny! Really love seeing your work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sheila! Yes, I know . . . i love books too! And they are so much better in paper format than digital. It just feels good in your hands when you get to turn a page. You don't get the same feeling with an Amazon kindle, for example. :)

      Delete

Hey. Thanks for commenting! We really appreciate it!

Sincerely,
The folks at SamDoumArt.com