Monday, September 1, 2014

Day 1 of 30 in 30 :Oranges in a Bowl with Vase


"Oranges in a Bowl with Vase" Oil on Canvas, 8"x10", Original Painting , SOLD
 
Ready . . . Set . . . Go!

Here we go!

Today marks the first day of Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings in 30 Days Painting Challenge! And I am  super pleased and excited to present to you my very first oil painting for the challenge titled "Oranges in a Bowl with Vase"!

"Oranges in a Bowl with Vase" is the first oil painting still life in my "Metal and Glass" series. Over the next 30 days, all of the subject matters for my paintings will consist of either metal or glass or both. To learn more about why I chose "Metal and Glass" as my theme for the challenge click here!

I truly love the way this one came out! I think that I was able to capture alot of the reflextions from the oranges on the copper vase and bowl. A pretty successful piece, I think. What do you think?

Let me know in the comments section below!

Thanks so much for visiting my blog today! 'Til later fellow art lovers! Take care and God bless! :)

Oh-- And by the way, Happy Labor Day!
-SamDoum

5 comments:

  1. Successful indeed !!! WOW, just look at all the wonderful ways you captured the reflections. Just amazing. Can't wait to see more. Happy Day 1 to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Susan! I will definitely join and follow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sam - lovely work! Love the shiny metals - well done!

    ReplyDelete

Hey. Thanks for commenting! We really appreciate it!

Sincerely,
The folks at SamDoumArt.com