Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Leslie Saeta's 30 Day Painting Challenge: SamDoum's Day 10

It's day 10 of the 30 paintings in 30 days painting challenge and I have a new tenth painting for you today!

As mentioned in my last blog post, I promised I'd tell you why I chose to do kaleidoscopes in ink for my 30 paintings in 30 days painting challenge. Those who have followed my blog in the past know that my artistic focus in the past has been primarily painting women and children and African American daily life. But why the sudden change now? Here is the reason:

Well there are two reasons really:

Reason #1) I'm a busy mom of three little girls and I'm really strapped for time. Between all of the cooking, cleaning, preparing meals, folding clothes, doing laundry, and washing dishes, there really doesn't leave that much time for painting. However, when I draw my kaleidoscope drawings, they usually take only about an hour out of the day to complete and I can spend the rest of the time in my day focusing on my family and spending time with them. And so, doing kaleidoscope drawings (for the 30 day painting challenge) allows me to meet my goal of one new painting a day, but still allows me to spend time with my family. All of those 20"x30" paintings that I've been accustomed to doing take a bit more time to complete. And I could never do thirty of them in 30 days with the way my family life is currently. So I restricted myself to a smaller painting canvas of 6"x6."

But there's also another reason. What's that? Well you'll just have to read my next blog post in order to find out what.

Enjoy! And 'til later fellow art lovers!
-SamDoum
Kaleidoscope #10: 30 Day Painting Challenge: Day10
$50.00 , 6"x6", Ink on Illustration Board
 
Did you Know? . . .
Day 10 : Kaleidoscope Fact #10: Kaleidoscopes are becoming more and more a popular art form to collect, and in the year 2000, one kaleidoscope sold on auction for more than $75,000!



Also from SamDoum . . . 
Bible Tales: The First Five Books in Rhyme (For Children and Adults) now available in paperback. Click the image below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey. Thanks for commenting! We really appreciate it!

Sincerely,
The folks at SamDoumArt.com