Monday, September 2, 2013

Leslie Saeta's 30 Day Painting Challenge: SamDoum's Day 2

It's Day 2 of Leslie Saeta's 30 painting in 30 days painting challenge and I have my new second painting for you today! This one is pretty cool. I love the greens, reds, and blues.

Now, as discussed in my last blog post, I promised to tell you a little more about where the come from:

Where did they come from? Well, it all started out when I was working as a sales representative, taking inbound calls at a well known company here in Rochester, NY. Sometimes, and especially on Sundays, calls were slow and I would get really bored. And so, if I wasn't reading my Bible on slow days (I did this a lot--It's the greatest book of all time in my opinion), I would just sit at my desk and doodle a little. And over time these drawings became known as "Kaleidoscope" drawings.

Occasionally, someone would come up to my desk and comment on how beautiful the drawings were. And one person even said I should think about selling them. But at that phase of my life I didn't take being an artist seriously, as I only drew and painted as a hobby, for fun.

But now that I have SamDoum Art, well, I'm selling them! (Smiles).

In my next blog post, I'll tell you a little more about where I draw my inspiration from for my so called "Kaleidoscope Paintings." I hope you enjoy!

Kind Regards,
-SamDoum

Kaleidoscope #2: 30 Day Painting Challenge: Day 2
$50.00 , 6"x6", Ink on Illustration Board

Did you Know? . . .
Day 2: Kaleidoscope Fact #2: The word "kaleidoscope" was coined in 1817 by the Scottish inventor  Sir David Brewster


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey. Thanks for commenting! We really appreciate it!

Sincerely,
The folks at SamDoumArt.com