Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Leslie Saeta's 30 Day Painting Challenge: SamDoum's Day 11

Hello all!

It's day 11 of the painting challenge and I have a fresh new painting for you today. As discussed in my last post I promised to give you my second reason for choosing "Kaleidoscopes in Ink" as the theme for my 30 paintings in 30 days painting challenge and here it is:

Well, reason number two is that drawing these kaleidoscope drawings allow for me to be 100% creative. When I draw my kaleidoscopes, I'm not just copying what I see around me in life and nature, I'm instead, creating something unique and new. Something that's never been seen before and something that can not be seen anywhere else except on my canvas or piece of illustration board. I'm not drawing from observation, instead I'm drawing from my imagination, and when I create each kaleidoscope piece, I'm sharing something with the viewer that would, otherwise, never have been seen by them before, had I not shared it, because the idea for the painting originated in my head, and not anywhere in our natural landscape or environment. It truly is an amazing thing to me.

So you might ask, if the ideas for these kaleidoscope paintings originate in my head, what am I thinking about when I draw them? Well, I'll tell you what in my next blog post. Stay tuned . . .

Enjoy! And 'til later fellow art lovers!

-SamDoum

Kaleidoscope #11: 30 Day Painting Challenge: Day11
$50.00 , 6"x6", Ink on Illustration Board


Did you Know? . . .
Day 11 : Kaleidoscope Fact #11: In the late 1970's a renaissance of Kaleidoscope artistry began and still continues today.

Also from SamDoum . . .

Bible Tales: The First Five Books in Rhyme (For Children and Adults) now available in paperback. Click the image below!
Bible Tales: The First Five Books in Rhyme (For Children and Adults-$24.95)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey. Thanks for commenting! We really appreciate it!

Sincerely,
The folks at SamDoumArt.com