Sunday, September 8, 2013

Leslie Saeta's 30 Day Painting Challenge: SamDoum's Day 8

Costumes and Candy Corn! It's day 8 and I have a new painting themed after Halloween for you today, as I had promised I'd do the holiday theme of Halloween in my last blog post.

White, oranges, and blacks: they're the colors of Halloween, and though it's not Halloween yet, SamDoum Art is celebrating early with Kaleidoscope number 8!

In my next blog post, it'll be Independence Day. 
I hope you enjoy!
-SamDoum

Kaleidoscope #8: 30 Day Painting Challenge: Day8
$50.00 , 6"x6", Ink on Illustration Board

Did you Know? . . .
Day 8 : Kaleidoscope Fact #8: Modern kaleidoscopes are made from beads, wood, brass, gourds, steel and stained glass.


2 comments:

  1. These are all so cool! I think you have a good idea, putting them together for your daughters room. I think they are lovely on their own, but a grouping of them would be stunning! Good luck with the rest of the challenge! I don't know how you do it, these are so detailed, they look like they must take quite a bit of time! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Shiela:

    Thanks so much Sheila for your comment and your kind words! Yes, I'm really excited about doing them for my three little girls rooms. I just have to find the perfect frames. And I'm sure they'll love them a lot. They keep asking me if I can draw some for them, so they should be really excited to see them when they are done. I'm thinking of surprising them . . . putting them up on their walls when they are away at school and then when they come home showing them.

    On average they take about an hour to do each. I usually draw them after the girls have gone to bed. For a busy mom it can be time consuming, but I figure that if I do them on my down time, like while I'm watching TV it's not that bad, and I enjoy doing them anyway. They are very relaxing and fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey. Thanks for commenting! We really appreciate it!

Sincerely,
The folks at SamDoumArt.com