Thursday, September 12, 2013

Leslie Saeta's 30 Day Painting Challenge: SamDoum's Day 12

It's Day 12 of Leslie Saeta's 30 paintings in 30 days challenge, and I have my new twelfth  painting for you today!

In my last blog post I promised I'd tell you about what I'm thinking about while I draw my kaleidoscope paintings. Well, here it is:

Nothing. That's right absolutely nothing! For me, drawing kaleidoscopes is a spur of the moment, impulsive kind of thing in which I make marks on a page/ piece of illustration board, and I work very freely with each piece. When I start a new piece, I have no image in mind. I just go with the flow and over time I see what emerges from the canvas. The truth is, I'm just as surprised by the end result as the observer is. I have no plan when it comes to my kaleidoscopes in ink. Instead, I just work freely.

Switching gears, I've recently read that a lot of people who are not artists seem to be interested in the creative spaces artists work in. And so . . . in my next blog post, I'm opening up the SamDoum Art studio and inviting you in. You will see what space I work in when I do my paintings, whether they be kaleidoscope drawings, portraits, or anything else. So, as always, stay tuned . . .

Enjoy! And 'til later fellow art lovers!
-SamDoum
Kaleidoscope #12: 30 Day Painting Challenge: Day12
$50.00 , 6"x6", Ink on Illustration Board

Did you Know? . . .
Day 12 : Kaleidoscope Fact #12: When Brewster invented the kaleidoscope in 1816, they immediately appeared throughout Europe. However it wasn't until 1870 that the first known kaleidoscope appeared in the United States.

Also from SamDoum . . .

Bible Tales: The First Five Books in Rhyme (For Children and Adults) now available in paperback. Click the image below!
Bible Tales: The First Five Books in Rhyme (For Children and Adults)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey. Thanks for commenting! We really appreciate it!

Sincerely,
The folks at SamDoumArt.com