Saturday, September 14, 2013

Leslie Saeta's 30 Day Painting Challenge: SamDoum's Day 14


It's Day 14 of Leslie Saeta's 30 paintings in 30 days challenge, and I have my new fourteenth painting for you today!

Before I reveal it to you, however, I'd like to take a moment and share my artist statement with you. I've been reading a lot of art blogs and articles lately and one suggested that it would be a good idea for artists to include their artist statement in a blog post. Doing so helps others to learn more about the artist and what they represent. It gives understanding on what they stand for, and serves as a platform for artists to express their creativity and passion for art, with not just their visual art, but also in words, that is text. And so here is my artist statement. I hope you enjoy! :

ARTIST STATEMENT
            
            I am a fine arts artist who draws and paints portraits of mainly women and children in the African American family using mixed media in a loose realism. My subject matters are inspired by both the late artists Mary Cassatt and Henry Ossowa Tanner, as many stories of the African American family life and the themes of women and children permeate my canvases. However, I do enjoy switching it up a bit with still lifes, landscapes, and kaleidoscope drawings.


           I draw and paint because I love to capture beautiful sweet moments and freeze them into time, so that they can not be forgotten or ignored. I love to savor sweet precious moments that can all too quickly be lost, and thus unappreciated, on account of the pace of and influence of time. I love to freeze the rapid scenes of life and capture them in my paintings so that they can long endure on my canvas for everyone to savor and enjoy for as long as they'd like.
 
          I draw and paint because I am a constantly inspired. My mind is always effervescent with ideas, as I am always enthused by something: Something always sparks my interest, which always sparks an idea that I can use in my work later, as an artist. All these ideas bubbling inside my brain just have to be released: Out from the corners of my brain, down in to my right hand, and out onto my canvas and/or illustration board. The result is a beautiful piece of work : A drawing and/or painting for everyone's enjoyment!

I hope you've enjoyed reading my artist statement. And now . . . drum roll please . . . the big reveal of Day 14th's Kaleidoscopes in Ink's painting!  Here you are . . . Take a look! 
Kaleidoscope #14: 30 Day Painting Challenge: Day 14
$50.00 , 6"x6", Ink on Illustration Board
Did you Know? . . .

Day 14 : Kaleidoscope Fact #14: David Brewster, who invented the kaleidoscope in 1816, was a child progidy, and he built his first telescope at the age of ten.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey. Thanks for commenting! We really appreciate it!

Sincerely,
The folks at SamDoumArt.com