Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Leslie Saeta's 30 Day Painting Challenge: SamDoum's Day 4

It's Day 4 of Leslie Saeta's 30 paintings in 30 days challenge, and I have my new fourth painting for you today!

Now, as discussed in my last blog post, I promised I'd mention another source of inspiration  for my Kaleidoscope Paintings and here it is: Aside from Islamic art and architecture, another inspirational source that I draw from are mandalas.

What are mandalas you ask? Well, a mandala is a spiritual symbol  in Hinduism and Buddhism which has radial balance, just like my kaleidoscope drawings. Here are some examples of mandalas below:


In my next blog post, I'll discuss some more artistic sources that I pull from for inspiration while drawing my kaleidoscope drawings. For now, please enjoy Day 4's painting for the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Painting Challenge! Enjoy and 'til later fellow art lovers!
-SamDoum

Kaleidoscope #4: 30 Day Painting Challenge: Day 4
$50.00 , 6"x6", Ink on Illustration Board
 
Did you Know? . . .
Day4 : Kaleidoscope Fact #4: The world's largest kaleidoscope is in Mt. Tremper, NY and stands 64 ft. tall.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey. Thanks for commenting! We really appreciate it!

Sincerely,
The folks at SamDoumArt.com