Saturday, September 28, 2013

Leslie Saeta's 30 Day Painting Challenge: SamDoum's Day 28

It's Day 28 of Leslie Saeta's 30 paintings in 30 days challenge, and I have my new 28th Kaleidoscope in Ink painting for you today!
Kaleidoscope #28: 30 Day Painting Challenge: Day 28
$50.00 (+ 6.95 S&H) , 6"x10", Ink on Illustration Board
 
This one is a bit different than all the other kaleidoscopes that I've been doing. I decided to play around a little and to venture outside of my kaleidoscope comfort zone by doing a double kaleidoscope painting with some other types of design work that don't necessarily revolve all the way around the center of the painting. I would have to say that I'm quite satisfied with how this one came out and I can't wait to start doing more rectangular kaleidoscope works, as the ones in the past have all been square. And this one is done in classic black in white. But who knows, maybe tomorrow I'll do a rectangular color one! :)

Lastly, I'd like to thank all of you who have been reading my blog and following my artwork (old followers and new followers alike). I've met some really great people while doing this 30 day painting challenge and have even met some fellow artists who've been really encouraging, leaving comments under each blog post and writing such kind words. One artist, Joan Princing, was so kind enough to try out drawing her own kaleidoscope painting and posting it on her blog along with her normal daily painting for the challenge. I was so happy and flattered to see someone else try one out and I was so excited to see Joan's interpretation of what a kaleidoscope drawing looks like, especially because it is in her own style, which I love. Joan does a lot of vase faces in her art and some of those same faces which had been on her vases in her previous paintings were also in her kaleidoscope painting! If you don't know what vase faces are you'll have to go to here blog "ART is A Rhapsody Treasure" by clicking HERE. There are so many cool paintings to look at while you are visiting over there at her blog and I'm sure you'll spend a lot of time browsing her site, as there are a lot of fun, cool things to look at and see.

I hope you enjoy! 'Til later fellow art lovers!
-SamDoum

Did you Know? . . .
Day 28: Kaleidoscope Fact #28: Though Brewster created the kaleidoscope which is a device which functions through the use of multiple mirrors, the ancient Greeks were the first to study the effects of multiple mirrors.

Click HERE to go to the SamDoum Art Gallery and Store!

2 comments:

  1. Interesting new direction you are heading. Very cool to see where you art is leading you Samara. Have a super creative day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is totally amazing to me how you can come up with these beautiful delicate, intricate designs. They are lovely - and have such a softness to them like ribbons and lace. I love today's design with the longer style and the longer diagonal lines. If one of these longer designs were in a kaleidoscope - I bet those diagonal lines would be amazing to see in movement.

    Have fun with Day #29.

    Joan
    P.S. Thank you for the lovely words, Samara ... sending you (((hugs))) from the rainy Pacific Northwest. Trying out a a kaleidoscope drawing was a lot of fun as it truly is so relaxing. I loved experimenting and moving it around each time I added something.

    ReplyDelete

Hey. Thanks for commenting! We really appreciate it!

Sincerely,
The folks at SamDoumArt.com