Thursday, September 5, 2013

Leslie Saeta's 30 Day Painting Challenge: SamDoum's Day 5

It's Day 5 of Leslie Saeta's 30 paintings in 30 days challenge, and I have my new fifth painting for you today!

Now, as discussed in my last blog post, I promised I'd mention some other sources of inspiration  for my Kaleidoscope Paintings and here they are: Pinwheels and snowflakes. Remember those? -- Those cut out snowflakes that you made in elementary school and those paper pinwheels on a wooden stick that you would blow on to make them move? Brings back a lot of memories doesn't it? My siblings and I had a lot of fun when we were kids, playing with these simple toys, especially the pinwheels. We really enjoyed ourselves with them. The funny thing, though, is that I haven't seen one of those pinwheels in years. Perhaps I should look for some for my three little girls to play with. I'm sure they'd love them.

Anyway, yep, so that just about wraps up my sources of inspiration for my Kaleidoscope drawings.

The one below kind of reminds me of X-mas (with all the greens and all the reds), which kind of gives me an idea: In my next blog post, tomorrow, it's Valentines Day! -- well, at least in the world of SamDoum Art! Enjoy and 'til later fellow art lovers!
-SamDoum

Kaleidoscope #5: 30 Day Painting Challenge: Day5
$50.00 , 6"x6", Ink on Illustration Board
Did you Know? . . .
Day5 : Kaleidoscope Fact #5: In David Brewster's (the guy who created the kaleidoscope) Treatise on the Kaleidoscope, Brewster calculated that 24 fragments of glass in a kaleidoscopes object box could create  more than 1.4x1033 views.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey. Thanks for commenting! We really appreciate it!

Sincerely,
The folks at SamDoumArt.com