Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Leslie Saeta's 30 Day Painting Challenge: SamDoum's Day 17

It's Day 17 of Leslie Saeta's 30 paintings in 30 days challenge, and I have my new seventeenth painting for you today! I hope you enjoy!

Kaleidoscope #17: 30 Day Painting Challenge: Day 17
$50.00 (+ 6.95 S&H) , 6"x6", Ink on Illustration Board
 
That taken care of, I'd like to provide information about why I love pen and ink so much and why I use pen and ink as the preferred medium for my kaleidoscope drawings.

Well, it's probably the feel of the pan in my hand as it glides across the page more than anything. And I love the deep, dark, saturated colors that the pen produces in a way that no other medium (not pastels, oil paint, acrylic, or even colored pencil) can produce. The ink from the pens soak down deep into the paper, resulting in deep, saturated, vibrant colors. It's just the right medium that I need to make my Kaleidoscopes "pop" into the foreground of the painting and out from the background. Sure, I love working with all different types of media, but I think that for my Kaleidoscopes, pen and ink provides the best results. It just wouldn't be the same to do a kaleidoscope painting in oil paint, or acrylic, or colored pencil, or even pastels.

The only problem though, is that ink is not as forgiving as a lot of other media that allow you to erase when you make a mistake, so you have to be clever about how you use your pens.

Anyway, I loooooooove pen and ink! Especially when I'm doing Kaleidoscopes in Ink.

Well, that's all for now. 'Til later fellow art lovers!
-SamDoum


Did you Know? . . .

Day 17 : Kaleidoscope Fact #17: Cozy Baker founded the Brewster Kaleidoscope Society in 1986 and served as a well known liaison between collectors, artists, and retailers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey. Thanks for commenting! We really appreciate it!

Sincerely,
The folks at SamDoumArt.com