Monday, September 9, 2013

Leslie Saeta's 30 Day Painting Challenge: SamDoum's Day 9

It's day 9 of the 30 paintings in 30 days painting challenge and I have a new ninth painting for you today!

Beauty in red, white, and blue! And despite all the twirls, swirls and curls, this one looks a little masculine to me, as the color palette is a bit masculine. Usually in the past my kaleidoscopes have been "pretty," but this one to me is kind of "handsome," and I think even males might like this one. What d'ya think?

This one is modeled after the colors of Independence Day, as I discussed in my last blog post that Independence Day would be my theme for today.  But I'm running out of holidays, so time to switch it up. No more holiday themes in my next blog posts. Instead I plan to work freely using all colors of the rainbow in my remaining kaleidoscopes (for the 30 day challenge) with out restricting any of my color palates.

But why all the Kaleidoscopes? That is, why did I choose "Kaleidoscopes in Ink" as my theme for the 30 paintings in 30 days painting challenge? . . . I could have done still lifes, or portraits, or florals, for example. But why the kaleidoscopes?

Stay tuned, because in my next blog post, you'll find out why.

Enjoy! And 'til later fellow art lovers!
-SamDoum
Kaleidoscope #9: 30 Day Painting Challenge: Day 9
$50.00 , 6"x6", Ink on Illustration Board

Did you Know? . . .
Day 9 : Kaleidoscope Fact #9: Although David Brewster invented the kaleidoscope in 1816, a flaw in his patent registration prevented him from being able to collect any profits from his invention.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey. Thanks for commenting! We really appreciate it!

Sincerely,
The folks at SamDoumArt.com